Tuesday 15 January 2013

SCHOOL/ MINIMAL MAKE UP TIPS

Hello! I hope that you are as excited about the snow as I am!

Anyway getting on with todays post!

Today I thought that I would talk about minimal make up that is natural looking and can be acceptable in your school (that's if make up is permitted!)

When it comes to picking your foundation I would go for a tinted moisturiser or a light to medium coverage foundation. You want to try and stay away from the heavier foundations as I believe that when you choose to wear them, they do not look good on your skin and your skin won't thank you for it either! I would also say the same goes for concealer!

When doing eye make up, you really want to try and keep it simple. Try to stick to just one to two colours. When I do a minimal make up look I like to keep my eyeshadow to a light colour with a hint of shimmer to brighten up the eyes. Occasionally I would take a soft dark colour underneath the eye to define the eyes.

Curling the lashes really helps to brighten and open the eyes making them standout even more.

For blusher I go for a soft looking colour and apply it to the apples of the cheeks, I think that it makes the skin look lovely and fresh for the day ahead. I prefer to use a cream blush as it looks loads more natural on the skin and gives a nice dewy finish to the cheeks.

If you have a drier skin type I would avoid powdering the skin as I believe it really isn't necessary for a minimal look but if you find your skin tends to get oily throughout the day I would add a little powder to the skin to help prevent oil breaking through and melting your make up away.

As for lips, stick with a neutral shade that compliments your skin tone! I would go for a tinted balm or a lip gloss.

I will be uploading a tutorial for a minimal look on a budget later on in the week to show you guys how I would do a natural look!


Thank you for reading guys and I hope to be back again soon!

What make up products would you recommend for natural looking make up? Let me know, I always love to hear from you!


Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment