Monday 5 November 2012

Liz Earle HAUL!

Hello everyone! This is my first post... WAHOOO! So I thought why not start of this amazing blog with a few posts of what I bought when I went shopping in Newcastle on Saturday. Yes, I was very naughty and I spent all my pennies on Saturday but it was so worth it!

So the first thing I bought in Newcastle was a Liz Earle Exfoliator. I have just recently started using their products and I find them so amazing! They work so well for my skin and I can feel the benefits. I have been using their Cleanse, Tone and Moisturise routine for over a month and didn't feel that I was getting much out of it. I felt as though the Moisturiser wasn't giving me what I needed. I have combination skin so I get patches of oiling skin mainly through my T-zone and patches of dry skin around the cheeks and forehead. My moisturiser would work great for my dry areas but the oil in my t-zone was getting worse, even though I was using the correct moisturiser for my skin.

So, I went back to Liz Earle and the very helpful assistant recommended that I try using their Exfoliator. Now, I was worried about using an exfoliator on my dry skin because I thought that it would make it to sensitive and make my dry skin even worse. The assistant explained to me that because I'm trying to benefit my dry skin, I am applying too much moisturiser and that is why my t-zone is too oily. She said because I don't use an exfoliator to remove and dried dead skin from the surface of the skin (gross i know!) the healthy parts of my skin are trying to make more oil to give moisture to the dry parts which is why my t-zone was getting so oily and my foundation was sliding off!

So, I was sold. I bought the exfoliator and used it as soon as I got home. Because I had never exfoliated before I used 2 pumps of the stuff and by god it didn't half work! It already had the Cleanse and Polish in it so it was a moisture rich cream base filled with little exfoliating beads. When I was massaging it into the skin it didn't feel harsh on the skin, I felt as though it was doing its job! The difference being from the exfoliator and the Cleanse and Polish is that you don't use a Muslin Cloth to wash it off your skin your just supposed to use warm water. I believe that this is because you have already used a product on your skin that exfoliates and you don't want to repeat it by using a cloth that removes dead skin as well. Once removed, my skin was really soft to touch and some of the redness had gone, that was there previously, this is before I applied my tonic and moisturiser! Once I had finished my usual routine my skin felt loads healthier and there appeared to be a reduced amount of oil in the t-zone! Result!

The lovely assistant from Liz Earle recommended that I exfoliated with this once a week to keep my skin at optimum health! This was definitely a good investment for me and I think that if you feel you have the same skin problems as me you should definitely give it a try! The good thing about Liz Earle is that you buy Try - Me kits to try out the products before spending money on full sized products that may not benefit your skin needs!

Hope you liked this please comment if you liked it and keep watching for the next posts on what else I bought this Saturday!

Thanks

Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment